QA Engineer (back-end testing)
Scope of the Role
Quality Assurance Engineer oversees, contributes and accounts for quality of development team’s product - the best of the kind Analytics, Insights & Recommendations offering, which supports storing, transforming and reporting statistical data, focusing on faster delivery of various sophisticated analytical services for all Adform products, empowered by platform solutions. In addition, to undertaking some of QA tasks personally, Quality Assurance Engineer ensures that project meets high quality requirements, coordinating testing activities across multiple products and teams.
- Ensure correctness, consistency and completeness of data in whole data flow pipeline from storage to user facing reporting tools
- Investigate and analyse data using SQL statements. Query big data platforms like Hadoop, HP Vertica, etc.
- Support and evolve tools for generating test data using C# programming language
- Maintain tests that ensure data processing applications correctness
- Implement automated and manual tests to ensure highest quality of both back-end and front-end applications
- Help define test methodology, criteria and test cases required to validate critical functionality
- Identify defects and write clear and reproducible bug reports following team standards for defects
- Prepare test plans, develop test cases and execute tests with a focus on User Stories coverage
- Work in an Agile and fast-paced environment in a cross-functional Scrum team consisting of Software Engineers, QA Engineers, Client Service Specialists, Product Managers and Team Managers
We believe that you have:
- At least 1-2 years of testing experience
- Higher education in Computer Science or relevant to position field
- A positive thinking, orientation to quality, reliability, ability to organize and flexibility
- Exceptional attention to details
- Understanding of the different types of software testing such as functional, integration, unit, usability, and user acceptance testing
- Ability to query database with SQL statements is mandatory
- Experience with C#, TeamCity, Selenium is an advantage
- Experience with testing web-based application software
- Experience with performing a manual testing, creation of test cases, automated tests development
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum
- Fluent in technical English – both spoken and written
We are offering:
- Challenging and unique technical testing tasks
- Big data with all its means
- Experienced and professional team
- Opportunity to learn and work with challenging technologies: Hadoop, HP Vertica, Spark, Parquet, etc.
- Close cooperation with other development teams
- Dynamic, inspiring and international environment
- Fun things: leisure zone, team building events and others
Adform is the leading independent and open full stack advertising technology platform that encompasses data, creativity and trading into one seamless enterprise product suite servicing media agencies, trading desks and advertisers. All of our products are modular and easily inter-operate with all other point solutions used throughout the digital advertising ecosystem. Adform was founded in Denmark in 2002 and is one of the world’s largest private and independent advertising technology companies. With offices in 18 countries, Adform has more than 800 employees globally throughout Europe, North America and APAC. Visit http://www.adform.com or http://join.adform.com for more information.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!