VP Sales Operations
An exciting opportunity to join Adform, one of the world’s leading advertising technology companies, in a global leadership role as VP of Sales Operations. The role oversees Sales Operations, Pricing and Pipeline Management for the business.
The role reports to the COO and works closely with Sales, Services and Finance leaders to implement and oversee governance structures for the commercial organization, as well as running sales operations day-to-day. This includes, but is not limited to, improving adoption of business support systems and CRM, championing pipeline and account management best practies, overseeing Adform’s pricing strategy, implementing workflow and process enhancements and acting as change agent for the business.
In this role you work closely with leaders across the sales and services organizations to ensure streamlined and profitable commercial operations as the company scales globally. As such you will be an integral part of executing the overall commercial strategy and assisting with performance management of the organization.
· Lead Adform’s Sales Operations globally, managing an initial team of 8-10 including a centralized ‘Deal Desk’ team assisting with contract creation and customer account setup
· Play a key role in operationalizing the sales and service strategy together with the CRO, COO and Commercial Leadership team
· Ensure optimal application of commercial support systems, in particular ensuring proper adoption and maintenance of Adform’s CRM (Salesforce). As part of this responsible with CRO for pipeline data quality.
· Act as the company‘s senior Pricing Officer, including:
− Development, maintenance and packaging of global rate cards (as well as exceptions approval)
− Innovating and managing pricing of special/package deals for Tier 1 clients
− Analyzing realized pricing across existing contract stock and identifying price optimization opportunities
· Assist in rolling out Account Management best practices globally across the sales team, and continually reviewing and improving the workflows and processes surrounding Sales, Onboarding and Service
· Work closely with Finance to evolve KPI performance dashboards and reports for corporate and commercial leadership teams
· Build robust business cases for investment e.g. assisting the commercial leadership team in proposing expansion efforts, reallocation of sales resources between channels and segments, etc.
· Bridge between Finance and Commercial teams, including target setting for Sales, understanding root causes for sales development, and identifying market changes in customer’s billing and invoicing needs
· Lead and assist with key transformative projects within Adform’s commercial organization
· M.S. degree or similar in business, finance, mathematics or equivalent field
· At least 5-7 years of relevant work experience, ideally in a related technology field
· Advanced knowledge of sales operations, pipeline management, pricing and business case analysis
· Practical knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM systems a significant advantage
· Prior experience with managing a small team would be a plus, also indirectly on project counts
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with a commercial mindset and ‘nose for value’
· Seniority to impact regional management and make tough decisions
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively communicate with C-level stakeholders
· Proactive ‘can do’ attitude with ability to solve problems effectively
· Willing to travel and work in a globally distributed team. Prior experience working with remote teams an advantage
· Strong Adform DNA (Open & Caring, Agile & Innovative, Ownership Mindset)
· An opportunity to gain invaluable expertise from the forefront of a fast evolving global ad tech industry
· An international role with exposure to a multitude of strategic business topics
· The chance to work with and learn from seasoned industry executives
· Lots of opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally, along with the possibility to have a direct impact on forming Adform as a global business.
· A highly dynamic, inspiring and international work environment characterized by a unique Adform DNA
· A friendly and fun working environment leaving room for individuality and ‘being yourself’