Senior Databases Engineer
Team Data Services is a part of Adform‘s IT department and its IT Infrastructure Group. Together with Cloud Services, Data Centers and Delivery teams and in close cooperation with DevOps Group, we ensure, that our global infrastructure is operating at highest availability, is scalable, reliable, secure and our provided services for our clients and stakeholders ensure stable Adform platform as well as continuously improved infrastructure to achieve Adform product development goals.
Main impact the team makes:
- Provides Database as a Service for Microsoft SQL, Vertica, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, Elastic Search
- Ensures the availability and maintenance of data stream-processing and message-broker technologies, like Kafka & RabbitMQ
- supervises big data processing and storage platforms on Apache Hadoop and its multiple related tools
- Collaborate with your team, stakeholders and management to be always up to date on what is the most valuable way you can contribute towards Adform's goals
- Build, develop and maintain Database as a Service platform and managed services for team supported technologies in a rapid growth and geo-expansion environment
- Automate everything what needs to be done more than once
- Perform databases administration routine tasks to keep the service up to date and performing to the highest standards and Adform technology stack requirements:
- Performance tuning
- HA management
- Setups, updates, patches, version upgrades
- Security improvements
- Backup and recovery
- Logging, monitoring and alerting
- Solve incidents, consult stakeholders on improvements, cooperate with vendors' technical support
- Share knowledge and consult stakeholders on architecture and usage of databases
- Continuously develop your personal, interpersonal, and technical competencies
- Fully proficient across the technologies used for databases management including:
- PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL with tangible & proven deliverables in your career
- proficiency of Vertica and/or MongoDB would be a major advantage
- are experienced in Linux and/or Microsoft operating systems
- have programming/scripting experience, i.e. Python, Bash, etc.
- have understanding in configuration management, i.e. Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- are good with monitoring tools, i.e. Prometheus, Zabbix, Grafana, etc.
- Demonstrate high integrity, energy and optimism, is knowledge seeking, self-directed and motivated
- Professional who wants to contribute to the organization and is results oriented
- Curious, informal and treat others with respect
- Great match to Adform DNA: Open & Caring, Agile & Innovative, Ownership Mindset
- Experienced and professional team
- Challenging and unique tasks
- Dynamic, inspiring and international environment
- Creative approach
- Informal style of leadership and communication
- Possibilities to learn and work with experts from different countries (offices around the world)
- And some other standard benefits: company offsite events, team buildings, game rooms and other fun office activities
Adform provides an integrated Software as a Service platform for the buying, managing and serving of digital advertising. The company’s software consists of a Data Management Platform, a Demand Side Platform and an Ad Serving Platform with advanced analytics, reporting and creative tools that drive high impact digital advertising campaigns globally. Founded in Denmark in 2002, Adform services a client portfolio that includes the world’s leading agencies, advertisers, consultancies, and publishers.
To learn more visit us at adform.com
All our career opportunities are listed here