IT Systems Engineer (Cloud Services)
Adform is the best-resourced European display advertising technology company, featuring the following key metrics which increased just while you were reading this posting:
- 650+ employees in 16 European countries and the US
- 50 billions transactions per day
- 1 million requests per second to DSP
- 7 data centers across 4 continents
- 3000+ high performance servers
- Complex calculations per request in < 20 ms
- Petabytes of data
As a systems engineer you will:
- Manage our infrastructure with SaltStack, Puppet, Terraform, Openstack, Kubernetes.
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow Adform private Cloud scaling to support thousands of virtual machines users across multiple continents.
- Improve the infrastructure management process to make it as boring as possible (deploy servers using Slack chat).
- Plan the growth of Adform private Cloud infrastructure and services supporting it.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Document every action so your learnings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Be on-call rotation for one week every 6 months and solve various interesting problems of all IT infrastructure unit.
Projects you could work on:
- Building a distributed system like Openstack, Consul, Kubernetes.
- Engineering storage systems like Ceph, ScaleIO.
- Building high performance L4/L7 load balancers and reverse proxies based on Nginx, Ha-Proxy, Envoy.
- Implement caching solutions (Varnish, Nginx).
- Coding infrastructure automation with SaltStack, Puppet or Terraform.
- Improving our Prometheus Monitoring.
- Building chatops (slack bot) to automate ourselves out of a job.
- Helping building and maintaining core Adform private Cloud infrastructure.
- Helping drive production-ready large-scale features.
- Whatever is on the infrastructure issue tracker and you feel passionate about.
You may be a fit to this role if you:
- Think about systems - edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations.
- Know your way around Linux Shell.
- Have an interest in distributed systems and a solid understanding of how modern Cloud stacks are built, and why.
- Know what is the use of config management systems like SaltStack or Puppet (we use both).
- Have programming skills - Python and/or Go (for operations and infrastructure projects respectively)
- Hold yourself to a high bar when working in production environments.
- Collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
- Document all the things so you don't need to learn the same thing twice.
- Have a proactive, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- Have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast.
- Know how to parse logs with most important keywords form hundreds of servers.
- Being a part of international team
- Competitive salary based on qualifications & requirements
- Being part of competition with world level companies
- Have best practices and fun things: Agile, leisure zone and other
- Informal style of management and communication