Java/Scala Software Engineer
About the team
IAP (Inventory, Advertisers and Pricing) Group is working on large set of components utilized by Adform products PPAS, SSP, DSP, AG. Our team group consists of 17 professionals of various skills: Scala, .NET engineers, frontend engineers, manual and automation testing engineers, product owner, business analyst, team manager. In our work we are employing agile methodologies.
About the project
Our components are written 50/50 on Scala and .NET. On frontend – mostly Angular, but initiated migration to React based on new UX strategy. We are moving toward microservices architecture (all new development as microservices, splitting monoliths). In our environment we are highly dependant on API (REST, Swagger). MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MSSQL are key data storages along with RabbitMQ and Kafka for messaging. Fabric, Puppet and Ansible are employed for handling configuration management and releases. Scala: spray, akka, [scalaz].
Your responsibilities will include
- Designing, building, testing, deploying, monitoring and maintaining products and services
- Building scalable high load systems
- Initiating and handling technical designs and complex application features
- Focusing on value delivery for customer
- Contributing to the full stack: from storage to service to frontend
- Collaborating with, learns from, and mentors teammates
- Working closely with other teams to determine interdependencies
- Optimizing the efficiency of development workflows
- Working closely with and incorporating feedback from product management, client support team, UI/UX designers, and IT Engineers
- Applying best practice defined by different functional areas (Architecture, Quality, Security, Product Management, Project Management)
- 3+ years of experience in building distributed applications and services
- Understanding of high availability, high performance, and high security
- Extensive knowledge of Java/Scala, DevOps, SQL and NoSQL
- Extensive experience with the HTTP protocol
- Experience in development and maintenance of RESTful API
- Experience with project design, coding and release to customers
- Experience with Agile development, including continuous integration, continuous deployment and coding for automated testing
- Proficient in Linux environment
- Upper-intermediate English
Nice to have
- Experience in building solutions according microservices architecture principles
- Experience with OAuth
- Knowledge of algorithms and probabilistic data structures
- Daily life in Adform (impressive growth, innovation driven, Adform DNA, open & informal atmosphere, team work, platform created by brilliant minds, Agile & Scrum principles)
- Education (learn.adform.com - internal trainings system, language classes, internships, conferences, external trainings etc.)
- Adform library (full of professional and personal development books)
- Team buildings and Off-sites (depends on your team creativity and ideas)
- Awards (formal and informal)
- Kudo box (an easy way to thank your colleagues with a small gift)
- Gifts (wedding and child birth)
- Surprises for birthdays
- Company events (Summer Festival, Christmas Party, Hackathon Days, UnConference and much more)
- Job trips (opportunity to visit colleagues in other Adform offices)
- Technical support (top and newest working equipment)
- Health insurance
- Leisure zone
More about us
Adform is the leading independent and open full stack advertising technology platform that encompasses data, creativity and trading into one seamless enterprise product suite servicing media agencies, trading desks and advertisers.
All of our products are modular and easily inter-operate with all other point solutions used throughout the digital advertising ecosystem.
Adform was founded in Denmark in 2002 and is one of the world’s largest private and independent advertising technology companies. With offices in 18 countries, Adform has more than 780 employees globally throughout Europe, North America and APAC.
Visit http://site.adform.com/company/about/ or http://blog.adform.com for more information.